Friday 7 August 2015

The vanishing witch

The vanishing witch by Karen maitland is an absolutely unputdownable read, a book I picked up by pure chance out of boredom whilst sat at my daughters book club. It has everything you need witch's ghosts, murders, affairs and comedy.The funniest parts being the doctors diagnosis. Doctors in the dark ages were definitely scary stuff  the things they accused you of having! . I'm not sure which is worse thier diagnosis or thier cure. An absolutely unexpected but sick ending this book keeps you guessing. Three different peoples stories that intertwine throughout the book but it's not until the end that you understand why. You couldn't ask for anymore. Set in 1300 lincoln the author captivates perfectly the atmosphere of Lincoln. Lincoln is without doubt my favourite city full of history and medieval streets and buildings, this book takes you back exactly how you imagined life would be and was.  The vanishing witch has taken over my days which to me is a sign of a good read.. A book that's read in daylight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment