Wednesday 26 August 2015

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

The cover jumped at me immediately, I love this! . 
Iv fell upon this book by chance, annoyingly my local waterstones have removed the chart books from a nice organised list on the wall. I had no idea what was new, which books have had good reviews?  . Nothing. 
I was about to leave when I felt myself being drawn back to Red Queen, practically no idea what it was about I bought it.
The best £7.99 iv spent all year.This story is about the reds vs the silvers. The silvers being elite gods with special abilities and the reds, demoralised humans trapped in an endless cycle of poverty. Best described as slaves.  I love how the storyline twists with a pauper, a red girl , being thrown into the silver world as a princess.  The main character is a clever feisty opportunist,  a refreshing change and exactly my kind of girl. The sub conscious battle between what mare knows is right and what mareena is forced to do to stay alive is fantastically written as is the way this writer effortlessly takes your mind to another world.
I havnt put this book down since I started it, I havnt been gripped by a book in a long time,  this was exactly what I needed. Buy it, read it :)
I havnt heard of this author before but I'm hoping there's more to come from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment