Tuesday 11 August 2015

Horrible bosses

So iv woke up and as I'm having my morning brew I thought I'd share a story of my own...a true story
I was reading a piece in Glamour magazine about young women busting thier balls at work for absolute ass****s.
These women were absolutely driven to distraction but not in a good way but in a I'm In the shower and can't remember if iv washed my hair yet, so Il wash it twice type of distraction. Sometimes what we did for these people was just not good enough despite best efforts so it brings me to my experience with a horrible boss.
I was working at a certain pier for a certain guy. I was finding things realy stressful and was absolutely frazzled at the best of times. I thought this guy may actually have been taking private lessons from Miranda Priestly. So anyway I was at the gates of the pier in a skirt suit carrying a laptop, my handbag, important paperwork and my lunch. I go to open the gates, the lock is on the other side to me so I sort of have to stick my hands through and twist my arms round... I drop the keys through the slats of the pier.  The tides in. Right up to the wall.
I'd like to point out at this point in wearing tights and suede shoes...
So great. I wouldn't dare ring my boss and explain for fear of being called all the useless morons under the sun. I'm already late. Another criminal offence in his eyes.
So looks like I'm going paddling. Im wading through the filthy water, sand up to my knees laptop on my head, bag under my arm, skirt pulled up and tights hanging on a post. True Bridget Jones style.
My phone rings so scrambling to answer it without dropping it.. It's my boss
"what are you doing? ..
"Erm.. Well looking for my keys "
"IM HERE WITH THE KEYS, when Youv finished paddling, the bar needs opening " Great... So filthy feet and knees, ruined skirt and a damp bag later I'm still a moron.
But I stuck it out for nearly a whole summer and even though this guy rung me whilst I was half way home to inform me the tap was dripping (I had to go back to work to turn it off)  an hour round trip journey despite the fact he was stood there.
Anyway we had a disagreement regarding drain cleaner a few weeks later and that realy was the straw that broke the donkeys back. I quit.  I can honestly say iv never been happier, walking out the building and away from the stress felt liberating i felt free and the moral of my story is no,  there are certain things I won't do for money. Letting someone push me to the brink of insanity was not actually worth the cash
So if there's anyone out there struggling with a horrible boss,dreading work each morning,  loosing sleep at night ,   tell them to stick the job up thier ass... It realy is a great feeling and I recommend it to anyone

No comments:

Post a Comment