Sunday 9 August 2015

The girl with all the gifts by M.R.Carey

This book was a strange one for me. I began reading it on the bus after having a waterstones manager recommend it to me. I was desperate to continue reading but not because I loved how it was going, it was because I was curious. Intrigued even.
I just had to know who or what Melanie (a main character)  was? .
Basically there's a virus or spore and the whole planet has turned into flesh eating zombies.. Like I said not my usual read
.A few people still remain and the book is thier story of survival. 
The way Carey captures the spirit of a young girl and her relationship with her teacher is impeccably correct.
I thought the only way the author could have captured this was in fact because they had personally once been a young girl in primary school.
This book has a very abrupt unexpected ending but my advice is stick with it, youl be surprised. It would be a brilliant film.
I since found out on Twitter the authors male.. I was so astonished I tweeted Carey and said "hey! , your male?  "
Well something along those lines.
He graciously replied to my tweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment