Friday 7 August 2015

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

How can I describe The Help?. I'm not sure whether to use the words heart warming or heart breaking. The author takes you back to jackson, mississippi, early 1960's. A time where black women raised white children but they weren't welcome to use the toilet....
Aibileen and minny are two friends who have spent many years working for white families, they secretly agree to tell thier stories anonymously about what realy happened behind closed doors. 
I honestly couldn't put it down I read it in a day!  This book had me laughing out loud and shouting in anger all the way through! . The emotions The Help provokes in you stays with you for a lifetime after reading it... Well it has mine
Highly recommend this to anyone that loves a good gossip a laugh and a cry with the girls
This book definitely takes a proud place  my personal top 10  #mytop10

No comments:

Post a Comment