Wednesday 19 August 2015

The exorcist by William peter blattey

Ok so we all know the story,  a young girl messes around with a ouija board and as a result becomes possessed by the devil.
Looking at this book, even the cover is sinister. I hate horrors as a rule. I'm too much of a big wimp and I'm not exaggerating I watched a film called The woman in black and didn't sleep for a week.  I only agreed to watch it as I thought with having Daniel Radcliffe as leading role that it would naturally be about wizards.
So iv begun reading the exorcist thinking this isn't too scary, I can handle this. I was wrong.  Absolutely terrifying.
Despite knowing the story your imagination runs away from you and although you can't seem to put it down your scared to read the next page.  Then you spend all night reliving scenes in your head. Imagioning all sorts of noises when your home alone, unless that's just me. Iv mentioned before I'm a big wimp but in my opinion a truly disturbing read.
Absolutely thrilling although seriously sinister and the story leaves a lasting eeryness. There's something almost unholy about this book.
Totally recommend it, it's much better than the film and a hell of a lot scarier. This is definitely a book to be read during the day  unless you sleep with the light on, as I now do thanks to reading this book. 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment